TERMS & CONDITIONS – Updated July 2021.
1. A 50% deposit is required upon acceptance of this quotation. The balance is due prior to installation of the products
into the clients’ premises. Payments can be made by either a Bank Cheque, Eftpos in store, Cash, process a Credit Card
transaction or by Direct Deposit into the following account: (Please use your Surname as reference). Please note; a
credit card surcharge will apply to all credit card transactions processed.
Heritage Blinds & Shutters – NAB – BSB: 082864 A/C: 293851799
2. The placing of an order as a result of this quotation and paying the deposit are deemed as full acceptance of the
quotation and terms and conditions stated herein. Materials will not be ordered until deposit received.
3. Heritage Blinds and Shutters (HBS) cannot be held responsible for alterations made to windows after the acceptance of
a quotation resulting in the window coverings not fitting as measured. Nor can HBS be responsible for windows built out
4. All goods remain the property of Heritage Blinds and Shutters until full payment is received. Any costs incurred in
collection of payments will be passed onto the client. Failure to pay any outstanding monies may result in the debt being
handed over to our collection agency.
5. All efforts will be made to adhere to delivery dates; however, the company cannot be held responsible for delays due to
circumstances beyond its control.
6. Goods are unable to be held in storage beyond 14 days from the date of arrival into the HBS warehouse. If the goods
are unable to be fitted; payment for the goods must be made within 14 days.
7. Due to OH&S regulations, staff are unable to remove footwear during measuring or installations.
8. Heritage Blinds and Shutters are committed to ensuring that the personal information provided to our business is
handled properly and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Act, 1998.
9. Regular inspection and cleaning of any external awning or roller shutter components is important and highly
recommended. It is necessary to remove any salt residue, dust, gum, droppings and tannins as these may contain corrosive
properties. Treat only by rinsing with cold water. Do not use high pressure hoses or chemicals when cleaning.
10. It is necessary to clean and maintain external products regularly and in high salinity areas every 4 weeks. When
cleaning, ensure water doesn’t enter any enclosed pelmet areas that may contain motors or parts as this may damage the
electronics. We don’t recommend the use of grease or other lubricants, as these will attract dust and grit, which increases
wear and tear. It is important that an awning or blind is let down to dry after wet weather and must not be rolled up or
stowed away when wet.
11. Blinds and Awnings are not designed to be a substitute for glazing or similar structures and accordingly are not
designed to withstand strong winds. It is recommended external products be retracted when winds exceed 50km per hour
to avoid damage. Any wind/storm damage is not covered by warranty & please refer to your insurance company.
12. Roller Shutters installed by Heritage Blinds & Shutters are not an Australian Certified Security Product.
13. Our warranty excludes any conditions caused by normal wear and tear; exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind or
rain), discolouration or fading over time from direct and/or indirect sunlight; any damage resulting from exposure to high
moisture, condensation and high humidity environments (resulting in mould, mildew or fungal growths) e.g. kitchens,
14. Heritage Blinds and Shutters warrant all its products against defects in workmanship for a period of one (1) year from
date of installation. This warranty is in addition to manufacturers’ guarantees covering materials against defects. All
warranties are held only with the original purchaser, therefore are non-transferrable.